Monday, July 17, 2006

Lord,
You know my inadequacies, not only in parenting, but in every area of my life. I am doing the best I can, but I feel that it is not good enough. As You broke the loaves and the fishes to feed the five thousand, now take my meager effort and use it to bless my family. Make up for the things I’ve done wrong. Satisfy the needs that I have not satisfied. Wrap Your great arms around my children, and draw them close to You. And be there when they stand at the great crossroads between right and wrong. All I can give You is my best, and I’ve done that. Therefore, I submit to You my children and myself and the job that I do as a parent. The outcome now belongs to you. Amen


This is my prayer on a daily basis because, frankly, the task is daunting. I talked to Ben last night. All is well on the trip he spent the day cleaning out a house that was filled with water just months ago. He said it is hard to believe how devastating the damage is--unless you see it with your own eyes. He sounded refreshed even though it is extremely hot and they are working hard. Serving others is refreshing actually.
(This post is incorrectly dated--it is actually tuesday, July 18th--I saved it last night to complete and post this morning.)

2 comments:

b smiles said...

You are amazing... beg Him. He hears.

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»