Friday, October 07, 2011

take a trip with me


Just 2 years ago this week I started a great adventure. I have posted about it before but today I give you the visuals. I wish now that I had taken pictures of my own before, during and after but I just didn't have the courage or the desire to photograph myself. So at my last visit to see the surgeon I asked for copies of their pictures of me. It still kind of makes me heartsick and nauseous to look at these but I need to get past that. So here they are:
October 6, 2009 - 6 months prior to surgery
March 23, 2010 - 3 weeks post op
June 1, 2010 - 12 weeks post op
September 9, 2010 - 6 months post op
December 7, 2010 - 9 months post op
October 6, 2010 - 19 months post op
It is with much joy and thankfulness that I am where I am today. I am 167 pounds lighter than I was just 2 years ago. The battle with food still rages but I am victorious many more days than I am defeated. All glory to God! I am thankful for my family and friends who have stuck by and supported me.

4 comments:

R said...

This post was worth waiting for. I am so proud of you!! God is so good and his timing perfect. What joy it brings me to see my friend so happy.

Anonymous said...

im crying right now...i sit here and think how proud i am to be your friend. u r an encourager, u always cheer your friends on...u r an inspiration. i love how u r u no matter what...beautiful inside and out.
your forever friend, erika

Kris said...

Girlfriend, look at those collar bones! Whoo-hoo!! You should be so proud of yourself. Amazing!! Way to go. God is good!!

Love you!!

Tawnya said...

So proud of you, Sandy! You inspire me in so many ways. I've never seen anyone tough enough to do what I saw you do. You changed how I think about things, and yes, you do give God all the glory. His fingerprints are all over you.