Thursday, July 31, 2008

Ode to my friend...


When Ben and I got married I had been around most of his family a number of times and they were more than welcoming to me. They included me in family weddings and family get togethers. One of Ben's cousins (one of only a couple girl cousins) was always kind and I liked to think that she really wanted to be my friend. Now after 15 years I think if she moved to town she really would be. Amy lives in Colorado so we don't get to see her as much as we would like, in fact, it seems like it is only at weddings and funerals. Last weekend we visited during the wedding and had a great time talking about our kids and her trip to meet Rob Thomas of Matchbox 20. I couldn't believe it so she emailed me a photo of them together. So here's to you Amy - thanks for welcoming me into the family! Invite me to the next concert, please. For any random readers out there - the photograph is what we called the dramatic pose. (It's obvious isn't it?)

No comments: