Friday, August 22, 2008

School Days...

One of my favorite days of the year has always been the first day of school. I liked it as a child but I think I like it more as a mother. Today was the first full day and both kids did well. Makenna loves kindergarten and already reported about a naughty kid that was interupting during music. She is the consumate reporter and Camden has to have every word or thought tugged from him. They walk home together and both are proud to walk with each other. Hope it lasts!!! Miles spent the day playing on his own and seemed to be delighted that no one was trying to invade his space. He especially like Mason's nap time --he had the whole house at his disposal. It is going to be a great year.
I am anticipating doing a long term sub job in junior high and high school science. (kind of a stretch but I can fake my way through) The teacher is having a baby and planning to take 8 weeks off. I will spend most of sept and oct in the classroom --I am thrilled.

No comments: