Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Bits and pieces...

We are all here and doing well. Ben is gearing up for harvest - he should make it to the field this weekend but may not due to breakdowns on his combine and work is swamped! Tis the season! We had a great weekend - Friday night our local football team did really well against the top rated team in their class. It was so fun to see the kids putting it on the line - since I am with them in school all day I really feel like I have a more vested interest in their games. We didn't win and I won't pretend that just being close was good enough. The kids appreciated that I wasn't satisfied with anything less than a victory!! Saturday night we spent watching the Huskers suffer through a loss. Very frustrating! Sunday night we went to a local pumpkin patch- I actually worked at the admissions booth and Mom and Dad took the kids while Ben went to Bible Study. We will go again this weekend (i have to work at it and the kids will play around while I work.) This week marks the half way point for the 8 weeks of teaching. The "honeymoon" has worn off for the kids they are starting to see me as the "real" thing and that I may actually give them a grade. It is great and I love most of my day! There are moments when I want to scream but that happens everywhere -right? Gotta run - AWANA tonight and spelling words to learn and .....

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

We are doing AWANA this year too. The kids love it.