Tuesday, February 03, 2009

I got a letter...

in the mail yesterday. It was one of those Christmas type letters that tells you everything going on in the family's life. This one was different. It was from a friend from college. It was a treasure- I read it over and over. I told my kids about her and her family and how they took me in and let me spend time with them because I was so far from home. Then I realized that she was my first friend that really loved Jesus more than herself. Now I have more friends like that but she set the standard. I am forever grateful to her. Thanks Kathi and all the Kammerzells!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! You definitely made me cry!!! I have never, ever thought of myself loving Jesus more than me. Most of the time I consider myself very selfish and try to live a more giving life. I do miss you so much! You have always been one of my best friends even though we have not kept in touch. I still laugh at so many things we did together and will cherish those. I was telling Mateos the other day about my car always backfiring. He always wants to hear stories. So I tell him a lot of stories about college and me and you and the car backfiring is always one of them I share. You have a beautiful family! You are so blessed! I'll e-mail soon! Kathi