Friday, April 23, 2010

think

Do you remember when the gratitude journal was a hot idea? I really didn't jump on the whole idea because I felt that I should be in a constant state of thankfulness and wonder of an awesome God. Clearly I am not doing a very good job because it takes a miracle for me to respond openly to Him. Why does it take a horrible event to redirect me?

I am not stunned when I go to the tap to get a drink of water - I should be - it is a blessing to live where our water is safe to drink and nourishing to my body.

I am not stunned when I hear my kids read a book - I should be - what a blessing to have kids that are in a school that encourages them and challenges them.

I am not stunned when I wake up to draw a breathe - I should be - I do nothing to earn that breathe. Yet another day the Lord has chosen to awaken me to a day full of things he wants for me.

I gotta get more thankful and appreciative for what the Lord has done!

Sorry this post is random - I am just very frustrated with myself when I don't thank the Lord for the small things. like shoes and gas in my van and green grass and kids that can ride bikes and on and on and on.

No comments: