Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Cinco de Mayo

Every Spanish class loves this holiday. Parties happening in high school across America. That is what I think of when I hear Cinco de Mayo. The only problem with that is---I never had a party in Spanish on this hallowed day. I didn't even learn about Cinco de Mayo until I was in college. I went to college in Colorado and had a roommate that dated a hispanic guy (later they married) and they were all giddy about the 5th of May and I had no idea what they were talking about. They clued me in and I am not kidding you the kind people of Colorado know how to celebrate another country's holiday!!!

At any rate, enjoy your day. We are happily drawing near to the end of school. The month is packed with track meets, concerts, baseball games, and celebrating the end of the year. I love it. I usually am not a fan of the kids getting out of school but now that they have grown old enough to care a bit more for themselves it is more fun. No nightly baths, no dressing in clean clothes each morning--heck we don't even have to find socks in the summer. I love it.

No comments: