Monday, July 07, 2008

Lots of stuff

running through my mind as I will make an effort to get some sleep after I type the events of our day. First, we are so thankful for successfull surgery. At about 2:30 we got to see Mason for the first time post-op. Ben did well - I did not. I was struck by the way he looked and couldn't spend much time in the room. Then I felt like an awful Mom because I didn't even have enough courage to stay by his bed. I worked through it and went back and Mason's nurse was very patient with me and went through every little spot on his body and explained the reason for each port, IV, and tube. It helped but I still couldn't console my baby. He has spent most of the afternoon and evening in semi-sleep. He awakens quite often and needs comfort (which is nearly impossible to give). At about 9ish tonight he seemed to start to be able to console himself a bit more but nothing like the Mason from yesterday. He still hasn't had anthing to drink or eat and his throat is a bit raw from the tube (which they removed just after surgery.) Ben went to get some rest at about 7 tonight and was back by 10. I will go do my best to get some sleep now. The doctor does rounds about 9 tomorrow am - hopefully more good news then. All in all he is well - just suffering from the trauma of the operation. Thanks for praying. We all need rest - good night!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish we could be there with you now, Sandy. Praying for you, Ben and Mason right now to have rest, healing, and that peace that passes all understanding.
Tawnya and Aaron

becky said...

thanks for the update. i prayed hard early this morning, and then every time i thought of you throughout the day. i'll continue to. trusting the Lord to keep mason safe, and to give you all comfort. praying psalm 4:8 for you all right now-"i will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, o Lord, make me dwell in safety."

Anonymous said...

Sandy, I'm so very proud of you, for one, for taking the time to share your thoughts and emotions with all of us during this time, and for two, for being such a wonderful christian woman who embraces the joys and love our Lord has to offer. It is a wonder that our "mommy" button inside can be pushed even more when our kids are hurting and vulnerable. Keep relying on His strength to get you through. Your family and Mason are in my prayers as always.

As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you...
Isaiah 66:13

Suzanne said...

Sandy, thank you so much for taking the time to post. I hope you get some good sleep and more good news tomorrow.

Love,

Suzanne

savedbygrace6 said...

Sandy, Ben and family-
We are so happy to hear that Mason's surgery went well.God was holding Masons hand through it all and He will continue to hold Masons little hand through a complete recovery.
God is good all the time and all the time God is good!
We have been praying and will continue to pray for strength for Mason's little body and for a complete recovery for him. We are also praying for Gods peace,comfort and strength over all of you.Seeing that little picture of Mason you posted- He is so... precious!!
There may be distance between us, but our hearts are right there with all of you-continually praying!!
We love you all!!
Alan,Tina,Taylor,Colby,Dalton and Dakota Trickle

Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble.
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.