copy from someone else. I have read lists from emails and blogs over the years and I was feeling like I needed to do a post soon or I might lose my 2 readers so enjoyed reading this list on a number of blogs of things they had done in life. The items in the list in red are some of the exciting and not-so-exciting things I have done. Any comment I may have on this list is in orange.
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars - no but I did sleep in an airport in Europe all night - with armed guards everywhere!
3. Played in a band - Oakland-Craig High School!
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland/world
8. Climbed a mountain - horrible memory - college volleyball early Saturday morning hike in the Rocky Mountains - I complained the whole time.
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo - many a time in church in junior high and high school
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm - during a family reunion - our extended family loved it.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child - I would love to do this if God put it in my husband's heart and we had more room and money and all the stuff that God would have to work out!
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train - in college on my way home.
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping - as if I would tell anyone that. My mom reads this!!!
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse - I remember vividly as an early elementary student seeing it go dark during the day.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise - holding to the theory that fat people don't go on cruises - everyone says its not true but this harsh reality is true in my mind!!!
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied - money is not something that satisfies me...ever.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant - no but I am going to do that this year - may start at the drive through
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain - heck yes - Ben and I have weathered lots of storms - pun intended!
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater - sad this is a dying way of viewing a movie!
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Had surgery - the "no more babies" 99.9 effective surgery - for my birthday - best present ever!
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Gotten flowers for no reason - much more appreciated when they are for no reason!!
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy - I don't save anything - I may regret this someday!
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial - with the Oakland-Craig Band!!
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone - thumb and foot - I am a self admitted faller!!
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle - and I loved it
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper - gotta love the local small town newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible- a goal at the beginning of every year
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury - January 23rd is my first jury duty assignment - first two times I got called I was exempt because I was pregnant.
91. Met someone famous -Does Joan Kelly-Thiele count - she went to Pius X?
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one - I miss Grandma at the strangest times!
94. Had a baby -and consider it a honor not to be taken lightly - lots of hurting childless women out there!
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone - and I text!!! but not while driving!
99. Been stung by a bee
I would love to read your list - I realize I have lots of living left to do. Better get going.